At Evan J Strong Funeral Services, the health and protection of the families we serve, those who attend services to support them, and our staff and their families is of the utmost importance.
Accordingly we have put in place additional safeguards at our facility, these include;
- Our chapel seating is limited to no more than 15 people
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces within our facility
- Arrangements that can be made online or by telephone with one of our funeral professionals. This is available to everyone, but if you are ill, living with somone who is ill, have recently travelled internationally or are part of a high-risk group, please let us know and take advantage of these alternative methods for arrangements.
- “Social distancing” by our professional staff at services and visitations [Social Distancing Practices: Link 1, Link 2, Link 3, Link 4]
- In accordance with "social distancing" practices we ask that you limit the number of people coming in for appointments to a maximum of 4 people.
- We are not able to offer limousine services at this time as there is not adequate space to allow for social distancing.
- At services, pens used for signing the memorial book will be changed out and sanitized frequently
- For those unable to attend a service, please contact our office for a memorial card and passing on any condolences to the family. Condolences may also be offered to the family through our website by visiting your loved ones' memorial page and clicking on the Tribute Wall. We are also able to post video condolences to the family, please contact us for details.
- The ability to record services for those unable to attend which will be placed on our website.
We understand that the memorialization of our loved ones is important even during these unique times, and we will work with families to provide the best support, guidance, and service to allow this.
Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health has directed that gatherings be no more than 15 people. Places of worship are no longer exempt from this recommended restriction. Events should be limited to 15 attendees or less. This includes churches of all denominations (for more information specific to the Catholic Diocese of Calgary please see below).
Funerals/memorials/celebrations of life may continue be celebrated in places of worship but attendance is restricted to the immediate family. We will continue to work with our families to provide for memorialization of their loved ones, while adhering to recommended protocols.
There are no known cases where the virus has been transmitted from one person to another at a funeral home or from a deceased body.
Give consideration to having a private family service, and a public memorial at a later date.
Receptions after funeral services are prohibited as of now.
We are still able to accommodate funeral gatherings in our chapel of 15 attendees or less.
Making arrangements for elderly friends, relatives, or those feeling unwell to see the memorialization via a recorded method. We would be pleased to assist with this.
Please be assured that we will continue to monitor all relevant information regarding COVID -19, and update this information as needed. In consideration for our families and our community, we will be making every effort to provide up to date resources on our website to help families through this difficult time. Please visit our Helpful Resources.
AHS [Alberta Health Services]
CDC [Center for Disease Control]
NFDA [National Funeral Directors Association]
GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
WHO [World Health Organization]
GOVERNMENT OF ALBERTA
If you have any questions, please call us at 403-265-1199, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org